We’re Expanding Our Team
The Institute of Corporate Directors Malaysia (ICDM) is looking for new team members to join us in our mission to raise the bar on corporate governance and board effectiveness.
Join the team. Send your CV to [email protected]
Reporting to: President/CEO
- Lead and manage corporate secretarial matters in compliance with Companies Act 2016, adoption of main Main Market Listing Requirements of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad if required, Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance and other statutory requirements (Ensure compliance with statutory regulations and guidelines including listing requirements if required).
- Liaise and coordinate with the relevant authorities, external company secretarial firm, external legal advisors and internal/external audit function as required from time to time.
- Assist in preparation of ICDM Report.
- To be responsible for and oversee all statutory, regulatory, internal audit and risk matters.
- To assist in statutory audits for year-end & drafting of relevant reports.
- To plan, draft and coordinate changes to the Risk Management Framework and mitigation plans for ICDM in consultation with the CFO/CEO.
- To manage and oversee the monitoring of non – financial compliance requirements.
- Assist to follow up on action plans for any outstanding audit issues.
- Organise, coordinate and attend Board, Board Committee and Annual General Meetings including preparation of agenda, board papers, circular resolutions, reports and timely preparation of minutes for those meetings.
- Undertake ad hoc assignments from time to time.
REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCES & SKILLS):
- At least 5 years working experience in a corporate office environment with company secretarial exposure.
- ICSA qualified and member of MAICSA would be an advantage.
- Familiar with the regulatory requirements such as Companies Act 2016, Bursa Malaysia Listing Requirement, corporate secretarial practice and other related statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Good knowledge and exposure in board meeting management, circular resolution preparation and general meetings;
- Good writing and communication skills, able to work independently and deliver results within the stipulated time;
- Proficient in English;
- Possess high level of professionalism with systematic work approach and organizational skills. Proactive and resourceful.
- To lead on the analysis, design, and development of ICDM Programmes learning modules, facilitator guides and learning manuals following ICDM quality & standard.
- To plan and prepare ICDM Bespoke and Board & Directors Effectiveness Evaluation (BDEE) programmes which includes the preparation of the proposal, project updates, reports and following up on all the leads.
- To manage stakeholder engagement and relationship especially corporate clients and ICDM Faculty
- To search and connect with potential experienced and qualified talents across a diverse area of expertise
- To work closely with marketing and membership division on the promotion activities of all ICDM Bespoke and BDEE Programmes.
- To manage and assist the entire execution and client engagement service of all ICDM Bespoke and BDEE Programmes which includes being present in all the meetings with clients, pre-programme preparation, programme materials and documentation, and logistics arrangements to ensure effective execution.
- To monitor the post programme activities (participant feedback compilation, certificates or e-cert, update and handover any potential leads on other ICDM services).
- To assist on the development and the monitoring of the KPI’s metrics to quantify the effectiveness and impact of the programmes and modules for each participant.
- To assist in the development and execution of the digital platforms for E-Learning, or other relevant learning resources.
- To research, gather market insights and review directors & board level learning and assessment programmes and events available in the market for content research, networking and to benchmark against products/services and pricing of competitors.
- To participate in activities that involve engagements with corporate entities, credible resource individual & bodies, to ensure professional partnership.
- Any other duties assigned by the Company.
REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCES & SKILLS):
- A great sense of humour, a team leader with strong relationship building skills
- Minimum 4-6 years of Learning and Development/ Business Development and Project Management
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent to work experiences.
- Good project management skills and great attention to detail.
- Adept at handling sensitive information in a confidential manner.
BONUS: Strong theoretical knowledge and practical application of learning and development principles/strong network of clients