The 2020 Economic Stimulus Package (ESP) has been announced by Malaysia’s Interim Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad on 27 February 2020. The ESP focuses on strategies to mitigate the impact of COVID-19, spur rakyat-centric economic growth, and promote quality investments.
It includes measures to:
- Ease cash flow for businesses
- Boost private consumption
- Promote investments
- Develop human capital
- Protect employees from COVID-19
The two summaries below provide a good overview of the ESP:
- PwC TaXavvy, Issue 7-2020 | Economic Stimulus Package
- EY Take 5 for Business, Volume 8 Issue 2 | Economic Stimulus Package 2020
Full speech of the ESP announcement is available here.
Photo by rupixen.com on Unsplash.