Creating an effective resume is the first – and one of the most crucial steps – to securing a seat at the board table. If crafted well, it can help nomination committees understand your board value proposition better, thus enhancing your chances to get appointed. In this workshop, you will learn the key elements of writing a compelling resume and how to position yourself for success on paper, and in person.
|Virtual Classroom Format|
|Interactive Facilitated Learning|
- Recognise Board Requirements & Search criteria for board director identification and selection
- Apply Board Positioning Matrix as framework to structure one’s board profile and resume
- Customise your Board Profile and Board Resume for board opportunities
- Identify targeted Personal Positioning and Board Engagement
- Aspiring directors
- Newly appointed directors
- Experienced ones who wish to refresh their resumes
PUN TIAN POUW (TP)
Founder/Principal, TPPun Advisory, Malaysia
In his 30 years of working experiences, TP held leadership roles in Korn Ferry, Andersen Consulting (now renamed Accenture), Hong Leong Group and Hewitt Associates (now renamed Aon Hewitt).
His experiences span across board placements and executive searches, board advisory and effectiveness, board and leadership assessments, executive life coaching, career development coach, regional consulting and corporate HR in integrated talent management, leadership management, mergers and acquisition, organization change and transformation. TP has spent more than 9 years living and working on consulting project in eight countries.
He is humbled to have played different roles, be it as a mentor or a coach, in the career journeys of many.
TP’s contribution also includes:
- Chairperson of Group Nomination & Remuneration (GNRC) Board Committee for a leading regional education group
- Presenter/ Faculty member of board directorship-related programs
- External consultant for an alumni association for board directors of financial institutions
- Special advisor and faculty member, The Women on Boards Network (WOBN) Kenya, Africa
- Chair-elect of Industry Advisory Board, School of Business, Monash University, Malaysia
- Steering committee member for 30% Club Malaysia, focusing on sustaining women board talent pipeline.
- Member of the Women in Business sub-committee, Malaysia Australia Business Council (MBAC)
- Previously, Board member of the Befrienders KL (non-profit NGO)
- Mentor in several mentoring and leadership development programs for professionals and management
TP has been an active volunteer with the Befrienders (providing emotional support to those in despair and distressed) for the past 17 years. He is our main facilitator for Branding for Board Directors – Enhancing Your Profile for the Board programme since 2020.
Wednesday | 12 Jan 2022 (Facilitator: Pun Tian Pouw [TP])
|9.00am||Introduction and Housekeeping|
|9.05am||Module 1: Board requirements and mapping|
|9.20am||Module 2: Board Search Criteria|
|11.10am||Break and Profile prep time
|11.50am||Module 4: Discussion and critique on participants’ board profiles|
|1.00pm||End of Programme|