Programme Description If you aspire to be a non-executive director (NED) or are currently holding the position, it is important to know what the role entails and ensure you have the right mindset and competencies to contribute positively and be clear that you have the appropriate skillset to deliver at a world class standard.
- Discuss the best practices that can be implemented within the role of a non-executive director
- Provide practical tips on how to be a world-class non-executive director
- Select appropriate tools to better understand corporate governance and how to apply these within an effective non-executive role.
This programme is for you if you are seeking the first non-executive director role or an existing director who wants to build further on that experience to improve performance.
It is also suitable for experienced directors or shareholders who are looking to strengthen their board with a non-executive support. This programme allows them to better understand what skills and qualities are needed for people in that role.
|Physical Classroom Format|
ICDM Faculty, CEO & Founder of fds Director Services,
Jo Haigh is an ICDM Faculty member, the CEO and founder of fds, which has bases in London, Birmingham and Yorkshire within the UK. An experienced dealmaker, Jo specialises in putting together the right deal at the right time and in the right format for growing businesses throughout the country. Jo is a regular presenter for the Institute of Directors and Vistage on corporate governance and mergers and acquisitions.
Over the years Jo has been awarded and acknowledged for her outstanding business achievements and contributions to the organisations she works with as demonstrated below:
- Non-Executive Director and Chair for a number of prestigious companies.
- Published ‘How to Become a World-Class Non-Executive Director: The Essential Guide’ (2019)
- Winner of Non-Exec Director of the Year, IoD Yorkshire & North East Awards (2018)
- Winner of The Sunday Times NED of the Year award in association with Peel Hunt.
- Nominated for Business Woman of the Year, The Yorkshire Choice Awards (2018)
- Finalist in Business Services category, First Women Awards (2017)
- Announced as one of Academy for Chief Executives top 22 speakers of 2016, landing Jo on the “Cloud Nine League Table” (2016)
- Winner of Most Innovative UK Deal Negotiator 2016 and The AI One to Watch in Corporate Finance, Acquisition International M&A Awards (2016).
- Shortlisted for Mentor of the Year, First Women Awards (2016)
- Finalist in Inspiring Leader of the Year category, Women in Business Awards (2015)
- Winners of Super Staff Award BIY Inspired Awards (2015)
Facilitator: Jo Haigh | 12 December 2022
|2.00pm||Introduction & Programme Housekeeping|
|2.15am||Module 1: NED Focus: Pre and Post Crisis|
|2.55pm||Module 2: The Non-Executive Directors role during crisis and beyond|
|3.50pm||Module 3: Critical Items on an Effective Board Agenda|
|4.40pm||Case study discussion|
|5.40pm||Summary and Q&A|
The Organiser reserves the right to alter the content and timing of the programme as it deems fit and is not responsible for cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances.