Being sustainable is the world’s goal today – be it in business, environment, society or life. Regulators and policymakers are constantly working towards strengthening sustainability regulations, frameworks and standards, business are encouraged to embrace sustainability.
One of the keys to ensuring good sustainability practices is through innovation. Or rather, what is the role of innovation in reaching sustainability goals?
The global environmental and societal challenges have led organisations to rethink the vital role of innovation in the context of sustainable transition. Driving a successful sustainability transformation requires a fundamental shift in mindset within the organisation and also advancing their management and business operations through innovative strategies that embrace a new business paradigm, based on environmental and social
Keeping that in mind – what are the drivers of change that boards should initiate and what would the process of identifying the right innovation to accelerate these good changes for the organisation? It is also necessary to identify the respective roles that the board and management would play regarding innovation.
Sustainable innovation involves making intentional changes to a company’s products, services, or processes to generate long-term social and environmental benefits while creating economic profits for the firm.
Featuring examples of innovations and key drivers of change which will hopefully encourage boards to design their innovation process and accelerate the transition to sustainability.
- Understand how innovation is driving the sustainability transitions in the local and global context.
- Differentiate between sustainable innovation and traditional innovation and why is it important to innovate sustainably.
- Adopt best practices to help your organisation accelerate its sustainability transition – define the roles and responsibilities of board and management in managing innovation.
Who is this Programme For?
- Developing or Emerging Directors
- Directors with a tenure between 3 – 5 years